The following topics will be addressed at our meeting:
- What is naturopathic medicine?
- What are adrenals and what is their function in the body (basic anatomy/physiology)?
- Why are adrenals important?
- How do you react to stress (emotionally and physically?).
- Have you had recurring stressful events in your life?
- What is adrenal fatigue?
- What causes adrenal fatigue?
- What are the signs and symptoms of adrenal fatigue?
- What kind of testing shows us the functioning of the adrenals?
- Why is cortisol important?
- What treatments are there for adrenal fatigue and how can naturopathic medicine bring your body back into balance?
Nina Manipon Bio:
Nina Manipon graduated from Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine, (SCNM), a four-year program in Tempe, Arizona with a Doctorate of Naturopathic Medicine. Her focus is on whole wellness through health promotion and disease prevention which is rooted in finding the underlying cause of a condition. Her goal is to provide individualized evidence-informed therapies that balance the least harmful and most effective approaches to help facilitate the body’s inherent ability to restore and maintain optimal health. Currently she is the Resident Physician at the University of Bridgeport’s Naturopathic Medical Clinic in Connecticut. In her free time, she enjoys spending time with her husband, family, and friends. Her hobbies include running, yoga, trying new restaurants, cooking, and traveling!